Diabetes During Hard Times
dLifeTV Show 188
Highlights: We’re facing the toughest economic times in decades, and those with diabetes can be hit especially hard. We’ll have one family’s story. Plus, find out how to get the most out of your health insurance benefits. And Chef Michel Nischan prepares a low-carb seafood dish just bursting with nutrients—and flavor!
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get helping paying for your diabetes care.
- Get the most out of your health insurance benefits.
- Learn more about ketoacidosis.
- Find a clinical trial.
- Learn more about neuropathy.
- Get the recipe for Shrimp Curry.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Hoisin-Glazed Pork Skewers Herb French Bread Lemon Pecan Pork Chops Galerette (P'tcha, Calf Foot Aspic) Sweet & Sour Slaw South-of-the-Border Chicken Almond Custard with Floating Islands Chicken and Summer Squash Mixed Fruit Tortoni Garlic and Parsley Bread
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...