Highlights: The ABCs of taking part in a clinical trial; the very latest on the search for a cure with TIME magazine’s Christine Gorman and Dr. Eva Feldman; and how one woman is making a difference in diabetes care in the Chicago Latino community.
Special Guests: Christine Gorman; Dr. Eva Feldman; Aida Giachello
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Christine Gorman’s TIME magazine article.
- Hear more from Christine Gorman on dLife Podcasts.
- Read Aida Giachello’s TIME magazine article.
- Are clinical trials for you?
- More on the search for a cure from dLife's Theresa Garnero.
- Read more about Hispanics, Latinos, and Diabetes.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chicken Perkelt Low Carb, Low Fat Coated Apples Peach Jam Ratatouille Pizza Mixed Greens and Bean Salad Salmon Croquettes Sopa Aguacate Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes Bagel with Cream Cheese, Tomatoes and Capers
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...