Highlights: The great carbohydrate debate, featuring Dr. Richard Bernstein and registered dietician Hope Warshaw (pictured above), and a day in the hectic dLife of J. Anthony Brown.
Special Guests: Diabetes pioneer Dr. Richard Bernstein talks about his role in the birth of home blood glucose monitoring.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about blood sugar testing.
- Read the story of the first blood glucose monitors.
- Explore dLife resources for eating right with diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Margarita Pork Roast Oriental Loaf Chicken-Vegetable Dish Mexican Red Rice Mixed Berry Yogurt Smoothie Jeweled Fruit Tart Peppers Vinaigrette Baked Orange Roughy Honey Baked Pecan Peaches Yucatan Baked Chicken
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...