Highlights: The great carbohydrate debate, featuring Dr. Richard Bernstein and registered dietician Hope Warshaw (pictured above), and a day in the hectic dLife of J. Anthony Brown.
Special Guests: Diabetes pioneer Dr. Richard Bernstein talks about his role in the birth of home blood glucose monitoring.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about blood sugar testing.
- Read the story of the first blood glucose monitors.
- Explore dLife resources for eating right with diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Grilled Summer Vegetables in Pasta Nests Simple Baked Chicken Lime Curried Chicken Almond Orange Zest Cream Grilled Five Spice Salmon with Garlic Spinach Pumpkin Pecan Pudding Artichoke Wonton Cups Thai Omelet Soup Frappacino Crabmeat and Pasta Salad
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...